- Trupanion Pet Insurance
- For years people have asked us if we recommend pet insurance for their dog or cat. We refrained from making any specific recommendation till we came across Trupanion!
1. WHAT ARE YOUR HOURS OF OPERATION?
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday- 9:00am to 8:00pm
- Tuesday and Friday- 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Saturday- 9:00am to 12:00pm
2. DO YOU REQUIRE AN APPOINTMENT?
We do see patients by appointment only so that our doctors have adequate time to address the needs of each patient, but we will always make exceptions for emergencies and these patients will be made a priority. We allow a minimum of 1/2 hour for our scheduled appointments and welcome spending this time answering your questions and addressing your concerns.
3. WHAT DAYS DO YOU DO SURGERIES?
Wednesday and Thursday.
4. HOW EARLY IN THE MORNING CAN I DROP MY PET OFF FOR A PROCEDURE?
Patients are admitted between 8:15am and 8:30am the day of the scheduled procedure or they may be dropped off the night before if your schedule prevents a morning drop off.
5. WILL MY PET HAVE TO STAY OVER-NIGHT AFTER A SURGICAL PROCEDURE?
For most routine procedures all patients are discharged the same day. Cats undergoing front declaw procedure are kept over-night, and we recommend that patients in critical condition be transferred to an emergency clinic which can provide overnight care.
6. DO YOU SEE EMERGENCIES AFTER HOURS?
We provide after hours emergency care on a case by case basis depending on the nature of the call. You can reach Dr. Mary on her cell phone (908-574-9332) should you have any concerns or questions as to whether or not a visit to the emergency clinic is necessary, as sometimes these matters can be triaged over the phone and will not require emergency care. However, immediate emergency care is necessary and Dr Mary is not available, we refer to a select group of emergency clinics (see below). The nature of the case in question will help us to identify the best choice of after hours care for your pet. We can make arrangements to leave a patient overnight in our hospital if the doctor agrees the patient is not in need of direct supervision and treatment throughout the night.
7. WHICH EMERGENCY CLINICS DO YOU RECOMMEND?
- Animal Emergency and Referral Associates, 800-4-911-PET
(Get a map and directions)*
- Animerge, 908-707-9077
(Get a map and directions)*
- Garden State Veterinary Specialist, 732-922-0011
* Note: these links will direct you to an external site (Google Maps) not operated by Pleasant Valley Veterinary Services, L.L.C.
8. DO YOU BILL FOR YOUR SERVICES?
We do expect full payment at the time services are rendered but we can make available payment plans through CareCredit.
9. WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
We accept all forms of payment, cash, checks, and all forms of credit cards, including CareCredit, American Express and Discover cards
10. WHAT KINDS OF PETS DO YOU SEE?
We are a small animal practice and primarily see dogs and cats but we will see rabbits and other small mammals.